If I remember correctly, wasn't "Voodoo Ray" originally "Voodoo Rage",
another response to the 808 State situation?

| Mark Bell's gone on to do production work for Bjork's
| "Homogenic" and for Depeche Mode too. Varley's been doing
| work under G-Man and "presents Tony Montana", but the work
| is a bit further away from LFO's roots than Varley's production
| work.

I think you mean "than Bell's production work"! They basically split up
because Varley was keen on pursuing a more straightforward clubby and
dancey sound than Mark Bell, who was keen to maintain the air of
sparseness and experimentalism in LFO's music. Mark Bell has put out a
huge amount of material under other guises, though, including the
Speedjack EPs on R&S, the Lofthouse EP on Planet E, and a bunch of other
stuff. He's working on a new LFO album at the moment.

Brendan