Personally I thought the Brandy album was one of the year's disappointments
(and there were a few R&B albums like that). Rodney Jerkins has not been at
his best for maybe 3 years now. The album's best track was the title-cut and
that was produced by Mike City, who has worked with Sunshine Anderson. The
songs are very weak.

Best R&B producers of the last year:

Neptunes - OK, they are maybe doing a little too much but when they get it
right they are brilliant and when they don't they are at least interesting.
Best tunes: Hot In Herre by Nelly, Toni Braxton's Hit The Freeway, Snoop's
>From Tha Chuuuch To Da Palace, NERD'S amazing In Search Of... album which
redeemed rock-rap.
I was dismayed by Kelis' Wanderland but it was still edgy. Their
contributions to Justin Timberlake's album were good but the guy lacks any
personality.

Timbaland - a great year with songs by Tweet (Oops...), Ms Jade (Ching,
Ching), Missy's album

Missy - ace song for Trina in No Panties.

Irv Gotti and even more so 7 Aurelius from Murder Inc - Gotti may over rely
on the samples but 7 is the musician. Ashanti album is great - esp those
spacey ballads.

Rich Harrison - superb work on the Amerie album esp Why Don't We Fall In
Love remix, classic melodies, first class vocal arrangments, layered
strings, beats, the hip-hop soul paradigm with a new twist. One to watch.

Anything from A Touch Of Jazz crew in Philly. Classic neo-soul.

On the Dre/Timbaland, Dre's work rate is notoriously slow and I believe he
is prioritising new albums by Ice Cube, now with Aftermath, and Rakim.