Big Black, led by Steve Albini, were based in Evanston IL, though I believe that Steve Albini was from MT (?). The back cover of 'Atomiser' has a letter addressed to the bassist, David Riley, from the Electrifying Mojo, welcoming him to the MFA (Midnight Funk Association) and a MFA ID card signed by the Mojo that says:

"The bearer of this card is a No.1 fan of the Electrifying Mojo; and a member in good standing who is entitled to special priviledges and considerations due to members of the M.F.A.; as specified by the Electrifying Mojo.

CLUB MEETING: Monday thru Saturday 12 Mid to 12.30 a.m."

Sorry for this outburst of extreme (and OT) trainspotterism, but I thought that was quite cool actually. BTW, Big Black often used a Roland drum machine in their recordings.

Also, their record label 'Touch and Go' is pretty awesome, with acts like The Jesus Lizard, Urge Overkill etc. Not very 313 I realise, but great music nonetheless.

Dan

I second Big Black - weren't they from Detroit? This may be an extremely
tenuous 313-link but doesn't the cover have a matchbook or a membership card
or something (sorry, I haven't seen it in years) depicting the Electrifying
Mojo's radio show?
Re: Hall and Oates - I always preferred Maneater!