Not to sound critical of scientific hypothesis (because really what we have represented in the "risks" article is hypothesis, at a fairly grandiose level), but doesn't this dude's hypothesis sound a lot like the RIAA's best wet dream come true?

Extending this theory, the internet is also damaging to the brain because it uses "datareduced" images like JPEGs and GIFs.

my .02 anyway.

-marc

PS> ASCII destroyed all my brain cells back in the 80's.

Hi gang,
i think this can be of interest to most of you - it is an article that
explains the neuroacustic damage one (potentially?) suffers form  listening
to datareduced music ie. mp3 and other digital audio

her is the link:
http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/Logologie/MP3-Gefahr/ MP3-risk.
html

have a nice weekend,