> That's the best I can do for a nutshell.  Sorry if I left anything
> major out that ruins the story. ;)

Great summary.  A minor detail of COMIC note : the pink stickers

The year Carol "fired" Carl Craig as Creative Director right before DEMF 2001,
he of course still retained a massive swell of public support by festival
attendees and especially booked artists and DJs.  So people at the festival in
Hart Plaza were handing out little pink stickers that said "I support Carl
Craig" and many people wearing them as an F.U. gesture to Carol Marvin... they
became the sought after DEMF fashion accessory, and they were EVERYWHERE.

In fact most everyone on the various event stages --before or after their set--
 made specific reference on the mic to the fact that Carl made it all possible
and thanked him specifically for inviting them to play at DEMF.

Carol obviously *never* could have booked the kind of talent without Craig as
creative director, which made it all the more ridiculous that she would somehow
try to push him out of the very event he put on the map.

Two more great links if you want more detail--
http://www.laresistancedetroit.com - you may even see your name here if you
signed the petition that was circulating
and
http://www.ersatzaudio.com/html/craig.html (Ersatz Audio represent !)

peace,
Matt MacQueen