Interesting observation, I thought there may be a generational divide among
DJs on Final Scratch, but I don't think there is.
For instance, I know Kevin Saunderson uses it, and is a fan, but then Marco
Bailey is not interested.
A few months ago when Francois K was out I asked him about it and he made
the interesting point that FS actually isn't that innovative in that it
doesn't really bring anything radically new to the culture, conceptually,
when that is in fact what dance music needs to evolve. I have this on tape
somewhere and should be able to find it if anyone is interested, it was a
complex argument and I can't recall it totally.
A lot of DJs are worried about computer's crashing too! But that may be
beside the point. ;)

Ps. How good are Kevin Saunderson's KS O2 on Trust The DJ and Mike Grant's
Live At Villa Rouge Pt 1? Definitely file both under 'machine music with
lottsa soul'.