----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Kirkwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Clone against Groovetech.com

> The reason I like Groovetech though, is that if they don't have
> something in stock, this fact is accurately reflected on their web
> page.  I have yet to find another online record mail order house that
> has ever completely filled one of my orders, besides Groovetech.  They
> also fill the orders faster than other companies that I have ordered
> from.

I agree that Groovetech has great accuracy with their order-filling, but
they are not the only ones, and they certainly do not stock enough to keep
me happy on their own. In my buying spree this month I bought 50 records. 31
were from Vinyl Junkies, 8 from Groovetech, 5 from Rush Hour and 6 from
Piccadilly Records in Manchester, who have just launched their website (a
really great store BTW). All of my orders were filled 100% from each of
these stores (and of all of my orders from all of these stores *ever*, Vinyl
Junkies is the only one who has missed anything, and they've only missed 1
record of at least 100 so far). All are great stores if you are satisfied to
split your orders among many stores. If not, just go to Vinyl Junkies, b/c
they are the best store for new house music, with Rush Hour running a close
second due to shipping fees. ;) Oh, Paul from Inner City seems to make lots
of people really happy too - not too mention all the Scottish stores...

For the record, I haven't ordered anything from Clone ever, but it's not
really my cup of tea. However, I totally agree with their ideology that
smaller stores probably need your currency more than Groovetech, and I try
to support accordingly. I don't agree that Groovetech should be boycotted
because of one anecdote of bad bill-paying. Frankly, the world of music if
far too complex to take these single examples to heart. If I heard of
multiple labels or distributors getting shafted by them, I might avoid them
entirely, but one or two emails on [313] about it really doesn't do a lot to
presuade me one way or the other. It just prepares me for a public rebuke
which may or may not come, and smells more of dirty-laundry-airing than
politically motivated excitation. Until I'm persuaded I shouldn't, I'll keep
filling holes in my orders with Groovetech shipments.

Also, in the states I think they are the best distributor hands-down, and
the shipping savings they offer are very compelling. When I was there, I
used them as my first stop.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk