Honestly I think that more 313 record reviews on this list would be a
good thing.  I don't get to buy many records, right now I don't even

there just isnt a lot of music coming out of detroit these days (??). a lot of detroity music doesnt come from detroit..a lot of detroit music doesnt come on detroit labels...this is nothing new but it's gotten really slanted, detroit labels seem fairly quiet these days...

as far as techno....no one listens to techno anymore (sadly)...there just isnt much "detroit" influenced techno coming out...or electro...most of what does comes out of the netherlands and uk, even if it originates from detroit. there is some from detroit still, but it is few and far between...releases are sporadic...

i'd like to see reggie craig put out more music...his stuff on solowork was really raw and personal and different and promising and never got much mention.

making a quick list of labels and artists from detroit to watch that arent getting a whole lot of mention...i dunno maybe i'm clueless, about all coming to mind at the moment are double helix, audiomatrix, end to end, dis house, motech...electrofunk...help me out..

jt