> I noticed the new Richie Hawtin Hardtrax Vol III wasn't
> mentioned or the new Monobox also a Detroit artist I
> cant think of his name Gary Martin?  who released records on KMS has an
> album out which has not been mentioned.

great, so mention it! Why wait for someone else to?  Ask about it. If possible,
drop a needle on it yourself if you can and post your comments/curiosities.
It's not a one-way list unless you cast yourself solely as a consumer.   We can
*ALL* be producers of content here, not just consumers of it.  313 doesn't owe
anyone anything, like any community (virtual or actual) if you want to see
improve, grab a rake and plant some flowers in the front yard.  Know what I
mean?

What I read in your comments is despair that the list isn't producing what
you'd like it to.  So why not devote that energy into providing content that
you will like and there is a good chance others will read and appreciate it
too.  And contribute in kind.  OR at least it becomes a good topic for healthy
debate/idea exchange.

> Detroit electro labels like Twilight 76, Databse? don't get mentioned a lot.
> I'm sure if you compiled a monthly list 313 artist labels it would be a good
> size list.

Mention them then!  All of the artists/labels mentioned in this email are very
welcome topics here.  Who's job do you think it is to mention them?  It's
everyone's responsibility to provide new content, it's not some mysterious OZ
figure hiding behind a curtain at hyperreal.  :)

In case you were under any false assumptions, there is no "official 313
fountain of knowledge" or "topic officiator"  where from all new topics and
releases for discussion are approved and flow from.  If you are curious about a
new release, ask for gods sake.  If you want to know reviews of things - ask
for them.  Better yet, write them yourself when you get something new you are
fond of.

A record review is also not gospel, it's one persons opinion about something
that hits their ear.  I like reading multiple list members opinions on a
record, especially when they differ.  it keeps it dynamic.

I also second Otto and others recommendation that if finding out about new
releases gets you going, then subscribe to the outbound emails from Submerge,
Hardwax, Rush Hour, Groove Distribution, Groovetech, Sonic Groove, etc. etc.

Sometimes people cut and paste those descriptions to the list and say "anyone
actually heard this" and it starts a thread or prompts opinions there.
Perfectly acceptable and in fact welcome traffic.  After all, it's about the
music.

peace,
Matt MacQueen