----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313 Detroit" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Cosmic Twins was Re: (313) Lost/Hood

> Maybe that gig gives them the chance to be exposed to a different crowd. I
> mean if underground DJs don't play these kind of parties then someone will
> say, 'Look these superclubs only hire Paul Oakenfold and they ignore the
> 'real' DJs'. It's one of those catch-22 situations.

Just for the record - the venue wasn't like a superclub or anything. Crash
is big, but not anywhere near the size of say... Heaven, where Lost was held
this weekend. I'm not certain about these numbers, but I think Crash holds
about 800, and Heaven holds well over 2000??? At any rate, those are in the
right ballpark. Crash is typically a gay club and it's located in Vauxhall,
south of the river, which isolates it a bit from the typical big-club-going
crowds. These are just some of the reasons why I was surprised when things
didn't work out. It wasn't really blanketed in signs of failure from my
perspective, which is also why I had that spastic reaction earlier. Sorry
again about that.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk