some DJ's aren't like this and I know Andrew Weatherall
will take a cut if he is into the night etc, so maybe try him Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 April 2003 12:03
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Cosmic Twins was Re: (313) Lost/Hood

No offence taken at all Martin.

>I recently got
turned down by a famous name because my club night only holds 350 people,
there was no profit in the gig for me but it does make it hard for
us...although I get the feeling this was his agents doing...

Right, my point exactly. A crying shame. You're obviously someone who's
into the music and is providing what looks like a nice little gig. What's
to say that a big name jock wouldn't enjoy this gig more? He would be able
to play a varied selection, would probably have a more 'educated' crowd up
for something a bit different, and wouldn't have to play to 1000
gatecrasher kids ala Sankeys who just want the latest banging tech-house
numbers - therefore making said dj miserable and looking like he's not
enjoying it.

>True but why make the punters suffer...

Well, yeah, Why? It's been happening for years. As soon as the bigger clubs
started booking these types of dj's (you know, after they were done with
the Billy Nasty/Dave Clarke/Jeremy Healy types), then of course Joe Bloggs
from detroit wants a few more quid in his pocket for doing it. If XXX at
Cream is paying so much, why can't YYY at little underground club stump up
something similar? It's completely fair enough from their point of view -
if you're going to get on a plane and come and work here, you might as well
get as much as you can I suppose. Doesn't help us music lovers though does
it? I'm not blaming anyone, it just gives me the hump a little, and also
helps to explain the downturn in clubs - they're just not interesting if
the said dj is going to turn up and do things by numbers are they really??

rant over.

Alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---