From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>honestly, this kind of thing makes me feel ill. music is supposed
>to be heard, not hunted after like its a rare beast.
>
>Well, I see your point. But we ain't the first and won't be the last.
>
>Ever heard of Northern Soul? Rare Groove? House Music? Reggae? in
fact, any
>club music.....

i know this, i played a bunch of rare groove and old reggae and
whatnot just last night. however, i dont pay more than $12 USD for
any record i own (exception: import of massive attack vs mad
professor). i get that old stuff used at a great local shop that
doesnt mark up or sell to ebay. its fantastic. without it, i
wouldnt have any rare groove stuff. also, i dont buy things that
arent good music. alot of people buy things just because theyre
rare and have like 10 seconds of a breakbeat that pete rock used
or something. that is just dumb. anyway, i do like to pick up
bootlegs of older funk and dub and hiphop stuff whenever i see
them. those labels should be reissuing that stuff anyway, if
someone else wants to do a good job of it, im more than happy to
support them so theyll do it more. licensed reissues are cool too.
im not a first pressing snob because again, thats liking something
just because its rare as opposed to good.

tom

andythepooh.com