I deleted my inbox but I remember someone implying Jeff Mills copied Richie
Hawtin's use of the letter k for his new label.
Alan Oldman also uses the letter k with his label Pure Sonik records.

I understand why Richie Hawtin likes the letter k as described in the book
Techno Rebels but for design aesthetics a lot of words look better using the
letter c instead of a k substitution, with a few exceptions like band
Kraftwerk
because the word is in German context and has symmetrical properties.
The label name KMS works well using the letter k especially in caps, it's a
nice short abbreviated word, the letter k is not being used as a clever
substitution in a word.