> > Just ordered this record... Is it as good as
> > one would expect based on
> > everything else that KDJ has put out? Better?

> I think it's one of his best.

Yeah it's that good.  I really think he's hitting a second stride of his
career, the productions are just getting better and better, more
electronic but just as deep.  I will always love the early KDJ sound
too, the low-fi applause and old soul samples in it, really rough.  But
this moves him into more of a futuristic direction to my ears, but it's
still conceptual and moody/moving and deep as hell too.  This is the
best Moodymann thing he's done in awhile IMHO... there is little else
out there that sounds quite like this, he's breaking more ground with
this release moreso than in the recent past.

I know this sounds corny but if you are a prince fan, this (to me)
conjures up some of the same feelings as prince 'Around the World in a
Day' LP when I first heard it... the whole concept thing.. Condition of
the Heart, etc..  OF course the music sounds very different but it takes
you up and down through a similar series of moods.

Peace,
Matt MacQueen