> well isnt he a fan of prince himself?

Ha.. that's probably an understatement  :)

> I thought I had a moodyman remix of a price track around
> here somewhere.. maybe "in ny the critics love you" or
> something like that I cant remember the track name

You are probably thinking of the doublepack of "U Can Dance If U Want 2"
(KDJ 9)  which is basically different jackin reconstructed versions of
"all the critics love U in new york" (from the 1999 LP, circa '82 or
'83)... amazing.

Then there's the black JAN 12" that is the cut-up interview of the
questions that Mojo asked prince on the air from a detroit radio
interview.  The connection is definitely there.

Prince and Detroit is a STRONG connection to be sure.  Has everyone read
the interview where Mojo interviews Prince on the air?  It's incredible.