> some french people have bootleged a record
> with good girls and stevie knows on it (with also 2
> others d.may hot tracks on it)

that sucks for the artists if the originals are still in print...  what
were the other tracks? And didn't Designer Music vol. 1 get re-issued
awhile back anyway?  OR am I crazy but I thought it did.

Like there's that bootleg of detroit classics I saw in the shop, and I
thought most or all of those tracks are still very much in print on
transmat, metroplex, etc.  I don't understand why someone would buy it
given you could get the official 12" for $6 or so, better mastering,
supporting the original label, etc.

Strangely enough Dept. -- There's also a bootleg of that "cover"
terrible version of Knights of The Jaguar floating around with 3 other
random tracks on it (one of them by James Brown).  Why the hell anyone
would want the Sony version of Jaguar baffles me, on a crappy bootleg no
less. I forgot the name of the boot, it's something like "About Time
vol. 2" or something like that.   Full disclosure:  I'm not POSITIVE it
was the Sony version, but it sure as hell wasn't the Rolando version on
UR, it was terrible.  But it was definitely trying to recreate the exact
song with different-yet-similar percussion, synths and melodies.

> According to the man who sold it to me (for 35 $), juan
> and derrick (whom this record was given to)
> have said that the sound is better than the original.

Of course a salesman is going to tell you whatever he has to get you to
buy a bootleg for $35... I would tend to doubt it... the artists are
going to have the masters afterall, not the bootlegger.  :P  But I guess
anyone can cut a record louder if that's what you mean.

Cheers,
Matt MacQueen