----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans Veneman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Movement pictures @ TechnoTourist.org

> > Now i am wondering who played more during the festival, Ayro or John
> > Arnold, these huys must have been running from one stage to the other,
> > they were all over the place, not forgetting the afterparties they
> > played to!
>
> I saw John Arnold just once (with John Beltran), but Ayro, Amp Fiddler
> and that percussionist were all over the festival the whole weekend. If
> they played for free the whole weekend they deserve a medal, although i
> think they might also enjoy playing live :)

I think Jeremy Ellis and John Arnold each played in the bands of Ayro, John
Arnold, John Beltran, Aril Brikha, and Szymanski (missed this one) + the
party??? No? Was Jeremy Ellis also playing with the Detroit Experiment at
one point? I can't recall. I know he was on the album but can't remember the
set.

Amp Fiddler certainly made his rounds too though! I think his live set was
the top moment of the festival for me, matched only by Traxx at Cannonball.

Oh, and re: Dwele, I thought he was great live! Jason, I think I know what
you mean about his comfort levels, but I thought he did a great job of
joking with the crowd in order to put himself at ease, etc. Plus, I was
really surprised at how well it translated from such pristine studio
production to a coherent live performance. Wicked!

The live sets were certainly the highlight of the festival this year for me.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes/Pics: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
Music: http://www.mp313.com