From:   Tom Churchill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Mon 7/28/2003 6:08 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313
Subject:        Re: (313) set times (was Vestax or Technics)
> So, what's up in your neck of the woods - how many places have the standard
> guard that you can rely on without the extra "guest DJ? every night they
> present?

In Glasgow, I think some of the longest-running, most established nights are
down to the resident DJs far more than any guests that may get booked.

Slam's events have become an institution thanks to Stuart and Orde over the
years - although having said that, their current nights such as Pressure
tend to rely heavily on big line-ups of huge DJs.

The Sub Club's Saturday nights have been going for many years with residents
Harri and Domenic playing all night, week in week out - they do have
occasional guests (Derrick Carter, Mark Farina, Fabrice Lig to name a few
this year) but the night is really built around the residents.

And my mates at Traxx have also been doing packed nights at the Soundhaus
for many years with no 'name' guests, just the core team of Laurence Hughes,
Simon Cordiner and Andy Pirie playing all night long.

There are plenty of others up here too, I've just focused on three that
stood out. In my experience having great resident DJs is the fundamental key
to having a successful and long-running club night - if the crowd are coming
to see them first and foremost, it also gives the club a lot more room to
manoeuvre and allows them to book slightly more esoteric or lesser-known
guests...

Cheers,

Tom