on 7/28/03 8:44 PM, Kent williams at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Mike Huckaby, 2 weeks ago: "See in the beginning we didn't see no
separation
> between house and techno, it was all the same music."

yeah, Chicago house. (oooh that was a good one)
after 1990 you started to see a separation I'm sure some people here
remember the techno panels at the NMS.

I'm sure 10 years ago (would have made it 1993) Sakari was probably mixing
D:ream with his favorite band Skinny Puppy.

> Similarly, when they started making hip hop records in the 70s, they
thought
> they were just making disco their own way, something pointed up perfectly
> in how "Rapper's Delight" is "Good Times" note for note.

Good times go-good go-good times go-good go-good times, that's almost a
played out trick in turntablism.
The Invisible Scratch Pickles can run circles around the best Detroit jocks.
DJ Q-Bert makes Jeff Mills look like slow motion.