Well I see dude hundreds of times in Syd, Melb, Adelaide and Detroit and I
ain't never heard him play bad looped techno.
Plus I always stay 'til the end. ;)
Like Stacey Pullen, Derrick really gets deep towards the end when the
faithful remain.
To me, Derrick still way surpasses most DJs in terms of charisma, presence
and skills.
Just his touch on the turntables, you can hear that sonic signature.
Also, you never know what influence the local promoter has. Francois K was
told by a promoter here *not* to play anything other than house and when I
heard him play the Movement afterparty unfettered it was a different
experience, a really, really exciting set.
I think 'change in style' comes from personal growth. No-one wants to
stagnate! Hell no!
Don't give up.
Cheers

Cyclone