Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, as I haven't yet seen
anything about it.

After giving "Closer" a few listens, I have to say that I'm very impressed
at not only the musical quality but the way in which "Plastikman" was able
to keep that traditional Plastikman sound, yet meld it into a new album that
isn't walking on exactly the same ground that he's walked before.  The whole
album plays out like an album should, a full context of itself, with each
song becoming a part of a greater whole, which is very enjoyable as a
listener.  All of the compositions include somewhat basic production
methods, but used in a sort of finesse that really uses each part to its
potential, instead of relying on tons of layers to tune out things that
don't quite work.
The very industrial-inspired vocal work is pretty non-descript and not
over-the-top or cheesy, as one would suspect simply given the description.
The heavy use of delay and reverb gives every production a lot of space and
feel, ala "Consumed", but the songs all have more of driving presence akin
to the direction of earlier albums (sheet one, musik).
This album is a marvel in keeping pace with expectation without
dissapointing the faithful followers of a specific sound, while adding some
new elements.  Definitely Plastikman, but at the same time, definitely new.
Buy on site.
-dmd