["Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> im not sure how im feeling. ive previously thought that every
> plastikman album was better than the one before it. but certain things
> about this im not feeling. the best part of consumed for me was how
> far in the background the kick drum was. not only was it not heavy, it
> just wasnt loud. in this new album, the kicks mostly stand out in
> front of the bass instead of being part of it like it was on consumed.
> the vocals dont necessarily bother me, but im not a huge fan of them
> either. i think its the second track that sounds like a weak rmx of
> one of the first couple tracks on consumed. that was pretty
> dissappointing as well. im not feeling this as much as consumed,
> though this is definitely one possible evolution of that sound. its
> just not the one i had been excpecting. i will say that "mind in
> rewind" is a funky track.

I'm inclined to agree with Tom on this.  I'd have to say I think this
album sounds kind of like Consumed 1.1...  Some parts of it are pretty
rad (I like "Ping Pong," "Mind In Rewind," etc) but I really don't think
he broke any new ground with this album and at the same time he didn't
return to the acid sound like I was hoping.  "Consumed" was a great
album, but really stood out because it was so new and original.  If this
had been Sheet 1.1 instead, I really would've been feeling it more.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...