> Well, the reasoning for me is simple.  I don't believe that
> the industry has come up with a more convincing media for
> recorded music as yet.  The sound of a well recorded piece of
> vinyl is just so much better than I've ever heard a cd come
> near to.  I've also heard SACD and the like and still prefer
> analogue - it's just more convincing on 'real' instruments.

Im still surprised that people say this - don't get me wrong I love vinyl
but surely the noise introduced alone through the vinyl/needle/coil
mechanism must far defeat the advatages of no digital noise / aliasing and
reduction of harmonics ??

Peace,
marc

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change without notice.