>>I'm listening to Trance Europe Xpress 4 and there is a wicked track by DJ
>>Crystl - "Crystlized" that has a very LTJ Bukem sound to it but maybe a tad
>>more aggressive then most of his output

Crystl dropped a couple of excellent 12"s that year (on Payday I think) - 183
and Perpetual Motion; both featured US MCs which gave them a greeat hip hop
feel, much moreso than other dnb releases with MCs... 183rd featured Smiley the
Ghetto Child who has done stuff with Guru, and Perpetual Motion featured
Headrush who was the guy MCing in the street in one of the skits on David
Holmes first album...

I guess if I was looking for a good example of a dnb album that had a strong
techno influence A Guy Called Gerald's Black Secret Technology would be the one
I'd think of first...  After that probably T-Power's "The Self Evident Truth of
an Intuitive Mind" and "Waveform"...  Hopefully I can come up with a longer
list shortly...

I know there is meant to be some kind of connection between Detroit and old
skool - if I remember rightly Carl Craig checked 4-Hero and Shut Up And Dance
on the BFC LP and had some contact with them in the early 90s...

David