Off the top of my head a list of my favourite dnb/jungle/old skool tracks -
whether you can say they relate to techno or not is up to you:

Photek - all his stuff on Photek Productions and Science but especially check
UFO
4-Hero - the earlier you go the better - check Cooking Up Your Brain 12"
Parallel Universe LP; their stuff as Tom and Jerry is good too though difficult
to find....  Mr Kirk's Nightmare
Goldie/Metalheadz - Terminator is a massive tune - think it has just been
reissued; Inner City Life is great too and the Timeless LP.  Goldie went down
hill in a big way after that...
Shy FX - most stuff on Ebony and SOUR is brilliant - Original Nuttah with UK
Apachi has the maddest fast rapping on it you ever heard - was recently
reissued; Gangsta Kid probably the next one I'd pick out as a recommendation
(also Gangsta Kid II!).  Also check Bambaataa, Cry (T-Power remix)....
Omni Trio - Renegade Snares is their big tune - just reissued but don't think
it has the original mix on it...
Roni Size - some big tunes on V - Its Jazzy is the one I'll pick out...
EZ Rollers - Tough at the Top - good jazzy dnb with a nice vocal - remix is a
lot better than the original...
Lemon D - Urban Style Music
Dillinja - The Angels Fell - has quite an electronic edge to it if I remember
rightly...
Alex Reece - Pulp Friction - classic tune, gets used quite a lot on TV these
days for some reason!  Alex remixed Model 500 tune on R&S though I think it was
the Frank de Wulf mix I preferred; also his remix of Tricky's Brand New Your
Retro...
L Double - Found the Perfect Beat - a version of Looking for the Perfect Beat
Jonny L - Piper Grooverider remix
Acen - Trip to the Moon, Close Your Eyes
Prizna - Fire - this one got reissued a while back and is a on the same lines
as Original Nuttah
Origin Unknown - Valley of the Shadows - just reissued - it tends to appear for
a couple of weeks each year and then vanish; sometimes known as Long Dark
Tunnel...
Kosheen - Find U Decoder remix - there were some trancey mixes of this around
but don't let them distract you!  This is a killer tune!
DJ Shadow - What Does Your Soul Look Like remixes
Chaos and the Julia Set - First Generation Dylan remix - this is one of Global
Communication/Jedi Knights dnb aliases (also record as Chameleon on Good
Looking)
T-Power - Mutant Jazz
Smart E's - Bogus Adventure

Obviously there is a lot that is missing and there are things I will pull out
over the next few days and think "forgot that one" :)...  Good discography here
for old skool and dnb labels
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Concert/9201/discographies.htm
Ultimately, drum and bass can be tracked back to techno during the old skool
years (late 80s early 90s) though German rather than Detroit techno was more
influential due to it being faster and more aggressive (hardcore)...

David