I'd definitely recommend that particular track - I used to play it out a lot,
and still do now. Being in London, I was extremely familiar with drum'n'bass
music well before this came out, but Claude's mix on this 12" was really like
nothing I'd heard before; people spoke about "intelligent dnb" but this track
was pretty seriously futuristic.

As Matt says, the Asian elements and the frantically cut-up nature of the track
were most characteristic, but also to me, being well-versed in jungle cliché,
the use of 909 closed hi-hats in the place of the Apache snares (again, hard to
describe) was a really strikingly different feature of that track. And the
strings, of course... reminded me of Claude's track on Frictional, "Second
Experience", which also had chords so deep you felt you could swim in them.

To be honest I think that after the mid-1990s drum'n'bass kind of failed to
fulfil its potential - some of the tracks dropped up until 1996 hinted at a
future that I don't really think ever properly happened... (but that's
off-topic! :)

Brendan