At 11:11 AM 8/15/2003, Robert Taylor wrote:
Has this got anything to do with the massive overconsumption of energy the US is notorious for? ;-)

-

I would suspect that it has a lot to do with lack of reinvestment in the power grid by those raking in the profits of same - often goes hand -in-hand with corporate economic "ethics". I would also suspect that end-users will foot the bill for the coming update of same, fueled by huge hue and cry after the finger pointing/smoke clears over where the problem originated.

                                                jeff