Gotta shout out that Dave Clarke pilot from years back, that tape still gets
hammered now, a blinding show and a real education. WTF happened Dave? ;P
Nah that's unfair, I just got older. (Did anyone hear his live set from
Creamfields? Impressed?)

It's so true that the only true subgenre of dance that's cruelly
under-represented on Radio 1 is techno/electronics, I mean how cool would it
be to have a weekly 4-hr show, even in the middle of the night? Is this list
connected at the BBC? Anyone?

With a longer show all the sub-sub-genres of techno would get a chance, plus
interviews and the odd piece of reportage. Isn't this one of those perennial
post-club conversations??

I agree with that opinion on internet radio (impersonal), although it's only
a matter of time, it will still be years before kids are underneath their
duvets with palm PCs, streaming broadband through a wireless card from
daddy's router. I remember hearing The Orb on Peel for the first time, at
age 13 I didn't know a song could last for nigh-on an hour! (Sound of
violins...Hovis, etc...)

While we're on the topic, did anyone see the article in the Times about the
BBC putting their ENTIRE video and audio archives on the Net for free? And
we'll access it through a custom peer2peer client? Sound like the future to
me. Some of those essential mixes are works of art. (But can we name the
best ones?)

Peace,

Andrew