all fair points matt.

i guess i'd rather read about crazed culture with music as a
secondary.

hence my love for lester bangs, hunter thompson, ect....

i think writing about music requires a presentation within another context
(be it biographical, anidotal, whatever...)

for me- an actual discertaion about 'the music' alone would be painfully
boring.

to each his own =)