Hello everyone.

bit of a poll....

was just interested to know what formats people do their mastering from
these days?

I was reading something on the deephousepage the other day which was pretty
interesting.
I think it was started by that Chip E, he mentioned that he'd played a
party using Final Scratch only.

someone else chipped in with something about sound quality (the mp3/wav
files sounding 'flat'), then David Mancuso popped up saying that the
difference between digital and analogue was still highly audible to his
ears.

I'm no audiophile at all - infact, my ears are pretty wrecked I think, but
I kind of know what people mean when they say some pressings, or CD-R's
sound a little 'flat'.

so, obviously, I'd never master from an .mp3, but are alot of people
mastering from .wav files from a CD?
I guess DAT is still preferable?

What do other people do?

I remember this guy in townhouse telling me once that he mastered the aphex
twins first LP from a cassette! It was a battered one too apparently!

anyway, thanks!

alex

oh, and if this is OT, sorry.

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring