On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 7:57:22 -0500,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   i find that a mix consisting entirely of
> "train-wrecks" can be really quite exciting.  with all
> the cacophony and dischord present, the occassional,
> accidental instance of beat-matching will appear as an
> epiphany to the irritated listener.

reminds me of when i was younger; my first experience
with listening to a live dj mixing; was about 13 at an
all ages club and i realized a couple of years later in
hindsight that the dj was beatmatching close but not
totally on.  then it felt like some sort of "sonic
haze" as he moved from one song to the next and it was
exciting, not annoying.  another experience later in
life doesn't have such fond memories; this was at a
time a couple of years later when i knew about
beatmatching and i ended up with friends at a club
where the dj didn't even attempt to beatmatch. he just
threw his next track in while the first was playing and
it was like this all night: song: stumbling horses for
a minute: song: stumbling horses for a minute. the
songs were not even close in tempo, so he didn't even
get one occasionally close! andrew duke

Jason Trenholm was born 31 August 1969 and died
1 January 2004.  We met when we were 5 years old;
he was my best friend for the next 29 years.*****
Andrew Duke releases out now:
Take Nothing For Granted http://cognitionaudioworks.com
Environmental Politics http://and-oar.org
Sprung http://bip-hop.com
http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?
cat=BLEEP12&fc_type=CD
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized http://staalplaat.com
Highest Common Denominator http://pieheadrecords.com
Physical and Mental Health http://dialrecords.com
74'02 (split with Hypo) http://tsunami-addiction.com