From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 8:13 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Q for US heads, might be OT

this might be off topic, so my apologies.

I was just wondering, say you press a record in the US and put "Promo Use
Only, Not for Resale, Radio Use Only etc" does that make you exempt from
licensing laws or something?

Or is it that if you get caught you can say "well, we weren't trying to
sell it"

The reason I ask is because you see it on most US bootlegs.
You also see it on a compilation from a well known NYC house label thats
been out recently, that I'm almost 99% sure is a bootleg.
which is extremely cheeky I reckon, considering who the artists are...

anyway, anyone know?

Ta!

Alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring