when I was a kid I used to see that all the time on records and thought that
when someone from a radio station went to a second hand shop to sell them
and pocket a few bucks that the clerk was supposed to be not only an
upstanding citizen, but a champion for artists rights and refuse to buy them
because they were promos but then I  became older and jaded and realized
that it probably had something to do with tax deductions for promotional
expenses.

life just isnt the same once the magic and innocence are gone...

=)