I like your theory Ryan.

Another obvious recent example is 'Inspiration', btw.

I also get a feeling it's just purely meant to disrupt over-regimented 'too
perfect' mixing. Maybe it keeps things in the 'for-those-who-know' clique.
Maybe. Plus of course, if it causes the dj to cut the other track as a
solution, it concentrates attention on the 'inaccurately sequenced' one!

Ken