My first ever record purchase was Eric B. and Rakim "Follow The Leader" LP.
Got it at Buy-Rite on 7mile.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas D. Cox, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:28 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) first techno record

From: "Robert Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>You're both supercool then.
>This reminds of me questionnaires that ask 'what was your first
vinyl purchase ever?'
>Rock bands often say cool things like Iggy Pop and David Bowie,
but I don't believe them most of the time (but of course I believe
you guys!).
>Most people's first purchase is KC & The Sunshine Band, The
Goombah Dance Band, The Chicken Song, Shakin' Stevens, Bill Ray
Cyrus -  that sort of thing.
>Mine was Sister Sledge, which is kinda cool (Chic production etc)
until I tell you that it was Frankie.

should i count things my parents bought for me when i was very
young? if so things like "we are the world" or "thriller" or
culture club would be it. if you mean the first stuff i bought on
vinyl because that was the only way something was avaliable then
it would be Anti-Flag's "kill the rich" 7" in 1994.

tom

---