>I was always into everything but I had a Mancunian friend who ignored what
was going on around him to obsessively >collect Detroit/Chicago/New York
stuff - I remember him jumping up and down in a record shop cos he finally
found >the record that completed his Nu Groove collection!

Ha! I know a few heads like this!

Right, First record.. (with my own money etc)

from Woolworths - Duran Duran_Seven And The Ragged Tiger. I was 8? I was
also very pleased for some reason, my own record! Then, pretty soon after I
think it was the streetsounds electro comps that my mates older brother had
(I bought these on cassette though), then the beastie boys - although I
think this must have been a year or two later or something.

First techno record, I can't really remember what came first.
I think it was the Bio-Rhythms compilation on Network. But I can't be sure
as I had other stuff that could be called techno before. I dunno.

alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring