The first vinyl record I ever bought was Kings of the Wild Frontier by Adam
and the Ants. The first techno(ish) record I ever bought was possibly Acid
Rock by Frank De Wulf around 88/89, although I had been getting into all the
Chicago acid stuff that was everywhere round that time before this. I
remember picking up a bunch of records that were big at the time along with
Acid Rock. Who remembers that awful 'everything begins with an e' track that
was produced by Boy George or something? Luckily before I was able to buy
too much bad vinyl I got passed a copy of a DaPosse album by Luke Slater and
my life was changed forever!

Its funny though. We were all serious hip hop heads (black levi's, goose
jackets, kangols, Public Enemy Patches and fat laces etc...) when we were 15
and at school and I remember I picked up this tape of acid house and really
liked it. All my friends ripped the mick out of me at the time and were
calling me a teeny bopper, something I always like to reminded them when, a
year later, they were wearing paisly shirts and 40 inch quito flairs
tripping out to acid house at outback parties in Slough!!

Stewart