I remember taking my cassette tape of Kraftwerk's
Computer World to class in the 1st grade for show and
tell and all the kids in the class thought I was
weird. My only exposure to music was through my
uncle's cassettes and the odd tune I would hear on the
radio growing up. In '91 I got to hear Jeff Mills play
in Dallas. Finding the music was difficult since I
never saw it in any shops near my house. And I
basically discovered it the next year in '92 when I
bought my first 12" single (The Punisher on UR) from a
local shop in another suburb after hearing it on the
radio on a Saturday night mix show. After buying that
first record, I would take the bus once a week to the
record shop to get "f*cked up" and I am still addicted
to this day :P

great to hear everyone's stories on how they got
hooked on this music!

minto

=====
down low music
http://downlowmusic.org
UPCOMING '04
East Island vs The Moderator dL011 OUT NOW
Iridite Productions "The Acceptable Face of Elitist Techno" dL012 MAR