Sorry to pile in here...philosophy background coming into play ;-)

"Mills chose the symbolic colour of white as the vinyl colour in the design
to represent an unknown destination in space and/or time"

This is actually justified conceptually by thinking about a situation where
you are in space which is completely white - no other information is being
received by you. You therefore have no sense of change in your environment
other than your inner sense of space and/or time, and so in an limited sense
these things cease to exist.

Philosophically I call this a 'white room' scenario, actually a very
interesting situation which highlights certain things about how we perceive
and know anything at all.

So there!

Peace,

Andrew