> "you would also have no sense of change, and no other information if the
> room was completely black or blue or green or yellow or red or orange."
>
> Absolutely, it's the uniformity that is key. Where did I state otherwise?

well, your statement seemed to be backing the argument that the colour white
was used for a special reason - but i was saying that based on your argument
this couldn't be true, as you seem to now agree; the uniformity of white is
no different from the uniformity of any other colour.

> "this is not philosophy."
>
> Please, let me know what is! Knowing philosophy yourself, you'll know that
> simple examples and thought experiments then lead onto the kind of inquiry
> that perhaps you mean by 'philosophy'. I'm guessing - or were you just
> having a dig?

sorry, i was just having a dig - philosophy is too big a subject for this
list!
:]