But coming back to your earlier comment, it's easier to come up with
criteria for quality when you're working within the context of an old
or ancient art form. People who are interested in quality over
originality will always tend towards older or traditional forms because
it's easier to judge quality when you have a wealth of previous material
to use as benchmarks.

(To me in general, quality without originality is something I enjoy, while
originality without quality is something I respect; originality *and*
quality together is ideal)

Brendan