Totally agree with you Arne !!!
And anyway...what is Pop music, what is underground music...? No answer...I think pop means popular...so a track become popular after lots of people appreciate or buy it... After that, if each track which is melodic and no repetitive is a pop track...ok we are all doing pop tracks... I completely understand these words about Kenny's album...Its the same for me, on the new one there is a vocal track...like the last 12'' on Raygun...some people already called that "techno pop" ;-) ?...so Big fun from Innercity was one of the first techno pop song...the same for Strings of life...Black Water last year... and these tracks are amazing ! I think Kenny (or I, and I suppose I'm right if I say its the same for you too Arne) are not thinking about anything regarding pop song or not...we are just doing what we want/we like...and of course if one of our track becomes popular, its great to share it with other people...I think that music is made to be shared...as a dj or a producer...There is a lot of producers who are not thinking further than finish a track and see what happens...

Fabrice Lig
http://www.fabricelig.com

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arne Weinberg)
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: RE: (313)Kenny Larkin was: radio playlist - 25/4/04
Date: 26 Apr 2004 11:32 GMT

I can't understand why you are talking about pop songs? I don't know if you heard this new track by Kenny but I only can say that I don't see the pop appeal in this tune..... Like you said, it's not the next new style he is inventing here but I also don't think that this was his goal. If you mean pop song as a track with a message and a certain feel than this new track from Kenny is pop, okay! If you mean an airplay compatible tune then you're wrong, sorry! it's a "retro" (I hate that word!) housey piano track with a smooth feel and nice melodies. Not more but also not less! I still think the most important thing in music is if you get an impression, a feel, an athmosphere when you listen to tracks. Having a mesage is much more important that having invented a new style without what we call soul. I don't need the newest super-duper mega software generated synthesizer sound if it doesn't catch my ear and most important my mind and soul....

Greetz, Arne

--
www.arneweinberg.de

Où allons nous? Participez au sondage ! http://www.fr.msn.be/microsoft/potential/default.asp