>Remember the early 90s, when pressing 4 or even more tracks per side was
>common for LPs (check out many Trax LPs licensed to PRT, etc)? Whilst there
>was some weakness in volume, it's nowhere near as bad as the repress in
>question sounds. So it is definitely a duffer.

I agree.  I'm not the big fan some are of spreading recordings over more and
more pieces of vinyl till you get CDs spread over 4 (or 2 x 4 packs, 'surely
not'? - Reprazent's first album) packs of vinyl.  OK maybe I'm just old and
still think in terms of what came out on a single piece of vinyl in the 70s
or 80s as an album, but I have some of those that weigh in at 35 mins a side
and while I'm not pretending they're really suitable for modern DJ/club use
you can mix with them, normalise the level from them without running out of
mixer gain control and most importantly they sound good, better than the
poorer of today's bootlegs.
I know some people want everything pressed at increasingly higher levels but
there's a limit to how much you can deflect a stylus by before you encounter
problems (a limit that is sometimes passed on current pressings).
So don't while some may not like anything over 15 mins on one side it still
has a kind of appeal to me when I see a current artist album (Dwele, Ms.
Dynamite) released on single vinyl rather than a multi pack.  I can drop it
on my turntable and start making my tea or relax with a book without having
to turn it over every 7 minutes!  I can fit more music in my box too.

Francis-looking-forward-to-Basic-Channel-for-his-birthday