On May 6, 2004, at 11:57 AM, David Powers wrote:
That being said, I don't want to hear Briteny Spears or Justin Timberlake, personally. But you people seem to be taking this too seriously. I guess it just makes everyone sound really whiney to try and discuss the WORST record you can think of a DJ playing.

ahh personally i'm not all about dissin, just poking fun the way you would laugh a bit about it over a beer with friends.. we all place these DJs on impossibly high pedestals and the reality is they're just people who make (usually) genius and (occasionally) bad musical selections all the time. It's humanizing these stars.. DJing used to be the true democratization conduit between the crowd and the music... lately it's all this superstar power stuff that I think needs to be reeled back in to earth from time to time :)

no harm intended, keep it lighthearted and tongue-in-cheek
peace
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com