Carissa Tintinalli wrote:

There is ZERO consistency with immigration procedures right now, and it's an extremely confusing process.

This shouldn't come as a surprise. These are largely people with room temperature IQs who, prior to 2001, were treated like something less than your average Wal-Mart rent-a-cop and now are treated like they're the front line of defense for "Protecting The Homeland".

In March, I played a gig in Detroit and came through Canada via a car rented in Toronto. They were mystified as to why an American citizen would be coming into the country from somewhere else and, since I was driving some foreigners (Germans and Canadians from Thinner) as well, we were a prime target for a more intrusive check. We had to get out, wait in lines, get eyed suspiciously, fill out forms, pay "processing fees", etc. What they didn't do, however, is ask for my keys and actually search the car. They thought they did though, and told me to pick up my keys from the front office before leaving, despite the fact that I was holding them the whole time.

The moral of the story is that it's all smoke and mirrors. The stern glances from the ex-janitors running border security are supposed to make you feel like It's All Under Control.

None of these people have a clue what's going on, which is why seemingly arbitrary decisions like the situation with Ellen are commonplace in The New America.

Rant over,

--
Dennis DeSantis
www.dennisdesantis.com