I have to pipe in too. I always loved going to Koobla, the service just got
better over the two years they were open. Not wanting to be chrurlish but I
did hint yesterday that what some people might be picking-up on is perhaps
one or two particular people who used to work there. And funnily enough,
which two people are now the source of much bitterness among the former
Koobla staff, due to a feeling that they hastened the demise of Koobla by
jumping ship to Phonica (and apparently taking a lot of Koobla's
relationships with distributors with them - one of the defectors was the
manager)? From my reckoning, the same two people who could be a bit 'off' to
customers (but they weren't always, to me at least).

One of 'em makes crap tech-house though!