> IMO, if you are playing in a regime just to a certain section of the popu=
> lation becuase of segregation that results from internationally acknowled=
> ged abuses of human rights, you ARE tacitly accepting that state's legita=
> macy.

That's an interesting example, because it's possible that Detroit fits in to
this. AFAIK there has been (is still?) segregation in the city as a result of
desertion of the centre by those sufficiently affluent, following the riots. It
also seems to be the case that human rights abuses were causal to/involved in
the riots, which ended up with federal/state troops being sent in.

To be completely honest, the above comparison is probably spurious, but my
point is really that acceptance of a situation, tacit or otherwise, is a
personal decision. Anyone can point the finger and say "You did 'x', therefore
you must believe/accept 'y'", whereas actually the reality is more complex.

People on both sides of a line of segregation should have disco music played to
them IMO, might do 'em some good. :)

P.S. Some of my Detroit info comes from Wikipedia, in case anyone's interested
in my sources.
P.P.S. Interesting to note that Wayne County and Israel actually have
population sizes of similar orders of magnitude!