For some reason this was the first DEMF that I went to. Don't ask me why I never went before this year, I couldn't tell you. For the last year and a half, I've listened to my roommates complain about how Detroit is the armpit of the world, and they can't wait to get out of it. I was driving in from Lansing on Saturday morning, and it occurred to me seeing the ren cen crest the horizon that there are a million people here from all over the world that are completely thrilled to be in the city. It's not that I didn't "know" it was the techno mecca. It's just that it never gelled in a physical, bodily way. (Speaking of which, I'm wonderfully sore.) So, I guess my perception of the city has been changed. The first thing I noticed when I got to the fest was elephant ear stands. That really floored me. Hearing the ol' throbbing 4-on-the-floor-approach-from-afar sound off triumphantly from the movement stage and seeing $5 hamburger stands was like and old friend giving me a big warm hug while scraping a cheese grater across my gums. Anyway I'm not gonna go on and on even though I could. Met lots of cool people, a few from the 313 list, yeah, and the music was great and all that, blah blah I'll leave it for another post. :)