Yes the city does help out with some of the other festivals
But there is also tons of sponsors at other events, the booth
rental rates were too much for a small business to jump on at least
for me.
These were the cost $200.00 to the city for license $2200 for  the
10x10 booths with no sides $3700 for the 12x12 booth with sides.
so on the low end a small business would need to sell $2400 worth
of merchandise just to break even. So for me it was not in my budget.
There were no major sponsors at all, a couple years ago Ford was a major
sponsor, and I work for a big computer company that moved downtown last year
and nobody approached them. These are they type of sponsors they need the
clothing stores are cool, but they don't have the same level of money to put
up. The economy is bad, yes but all the resources need to be tapped.
Now we have the pontiac techno house music festival  july 11-12 which I plan
attend, but the real question why start a new festival instead of joining
forces
with the movement festival.
And maybe it's just me but the name change from demf/movement needs to be
properly
communicated-did anyone notice that some restaurants/bars had old demf signs
up.
I know that's petty but I noticed it.
Also I think everyone in the city with a small record label needs to
contribute
so that a city wide effort is put forth.
The logistics were poor, mainly due to city politics there were politics
involved
last year, but this year they interfered with the festival, so it was out in
the
open not behind the scenes like last year.
Derrick,(Transmat,High Tech)Kevin(KMS) worked hard to give us a good show.
So I send them one big Techno Thank You......................
Overall I enjoyed the movement 04, I played on Sunday afternoon @nikkis
with negative-saucer which was a cool small set.

Tim