From: Dennis DeSantis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 June 2004 12:06
To: Toby Frith
Cc: Gavin Daruvalla; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Laptop performances

Toby Frith wrote:
> It seems there is a desperate requirement in this whole debate for
> "authenticity". As if the performer actually has to show the audience "hey I
> am playing live, honest!". How can you really do this when so much of the
> equipment is automated?

You're absolutely right, and what makes the situation even funnier is
that most audiences seem to have no idea what's going on anyway.

If I had a nickel for the number of times I've had people come up to me
with REQUESTS during my Ableton shows....well, I'd have a buck or so.
But you know what I mean.

--
Dennis DeSantis
www.dennisdesantis.com